Monday, January 30, 2006

How pathetic

In the office there appears to be several rival tea-clubs. I've just been caught 'stealing' a drop of milk for my mid-morning cuppa from another clubs milk supplies as ours had run out. I wasn't given the chance to apologise and explain, or even counter-accuse as I know for a fact that they nick our occasionally when they've run out. The woman was so rude in what she said, and the way she said it, I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing up! She went straigh down and
told the rest of 'her club', and I heard several exclamations of 'You're Joking' etc.

How pathetic!

P.S:
We have milk delivered at home for about 38p/pint, and I reckon a 'serving' for tea is about 20ml, so that's about 30 servings per pint, approx 1.5p/serving. Bearing in mind tea-club milk comes in 2pt or 4 pt bottles from teh supermarket or corner shop, do you think I ought to off her 3p/2p/1p/nothing?

3 Comments:

At 30 January, 2006 11:06, Blogger Simon said...

There are no tea clubs here as the company buys all tea and coffee- it's cheaper than having vending machines.

There is a conflict because we've all been brought together in one shiny new building with one eating area- in my office there was a margerine club. Actually because it was situated over a Netto, people just bought the same marge, and ate whatever was open and then went and bought some more when it had run out. A bit haphazard but it works. Now we get complaints of people using other peoples personal stuff.

PS there is gossip but I can't blog about it right now.

 
At 05 February, 2006 18:00, Blogger Em said...

Try Green Tea...you don't need milk! Green tea with lemon is nice too, although it smells of Lemsip!

 
At 06 February, 2006 16:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or just drink stuff Black! I'm one of 2 black coffee drinkers (hmm the other is my big boss who is also a taurean... ). The rest of the blokes who do use milk have a bit of a rota on who buys the milk. I.e. if you're organised you buy it cheaper in the supermarket and bring in/ or if not you pop out to the spar next door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home