Thursday, November 03, 2005

More Info

Further to my previous post, I've had confirmation that at least 1 of the three copies of the letter has been delivered, so I can tell the world!

I've not been enjoying Explorers recently (this post is just an example of my thoughts). I've requested some additional help on a few occasions to different people, but none has been forthcoming. I feel that the district has been concentrating more on setting up a new unit (in my opinion where there is already plenty of explorer provision) to the detriment of supporting the existing ones.

It wasn't a particularly hard descision to come to, but I will be leaving the role of ESL from Christmas. I don't want to leave Scouting all together, as I feel that it has a great deal to offer young people, and I fully support the aims of the association. I just feel that the role of ESL in a small, struggling unit (6-7 members with average 50-60% attendance) is not the right one for me at the moment. I will wait and see if the district, or my feeder group suggests anything, otherwise I know of a job that needs doing at another group.

I'm just not happy with Scouting at the moment.

2 Comments:

At 03 November, 2005 17:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have not been enjoying your explorers, to help you out between now and Christmas I think that a number of good programme ideas were out together at the theme weekend. I'll rescue them from my laptop and e-mail them to you if you want.

 
At 03 November, 2005 18:29, Blogger Simon said...

I could see where this was heading, what you were hiding in Tuesdays post was a bit obvious. It is difficult with a struggling unit and with little encouragement. I had a bit of a crisis a year or so back, and found taking a step back, and going back in a new capacity worked.

I may be changing roles again, but not until I have validated or trained for all my woodbadge modules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home