Tuesday, November 14, 2006

And he dares to call me names!

On my way in to work this morning (on the scooter) I pulled up at some
traffic lights, and there was a bloke driving a Range Rover chatting
on his mobile phone. I signalled to him through the window to get off
the said phone. He ignored me, so I tapped on the window and told him
to get of the phone. He wound down the window and had the nerve to
call me a wa***r! It's people like him that kill other innocent road
users.

On my way home yesterday, I overtook an old fiesta, with the rear
fog-light dazzling everyone behind them (it wasn't anything like
foggy!) As I went past, I noticed the young woman driving and
composing a text msg as she went along in the (moving) queue of
traffic. It's people like her that kill other innocent road users. I
didn't actually stop and scowl at her as I was travelling too fast to
stop safely and not cause problems for other road users.

Another pet-hate of mine, while I'm ranting about drivers is those
people that drive around with their front fog lights on. There is
never any need for front fogs to be on, as you already have two bright
lights on at the front, so there's no need for any others! On our car,
when you turn off the normal lights, if I've had fog lights on because
of the fog, the switch for the fog lights gets re-set to the 'off'
position automagically - Why can't that happen in all cars?

4 Comments:

At 14 November, 2006 12:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other week someone tried it on by edging between me and the parking space I was waiting for.

He even had the brass neck to swear at me.

 
At 15 November, 2006 10:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That joins the white (small) van man the other day that didn't seem to twig that I was going to move into a parking space just up from the entrance he'd just turned out of despite my indicator and reversing lights being on ...
Whilst the whole mobile phone issue annoys me, the police round here need to get seatbelt wearing sorted first (aargh I saw a kid move from the back seat to the front seat as parent as turning into a major road as I drove to work yesterday. To join the phones, we have the gripe of the season ... cyclist with no lights on the road (heck most of the time their at high speed on the pavement), they seem to think street lights = being seen.

Hmm that sort of shows why our PFI highways contractor wear long sleeved high vis at a lower speed than HSE requires ... poor driver skill.

 
At 17 November, 2006 12:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do despair at the anti-mobile legislation. There was already two perfectly adequete headings for prosecuting users of mobile phones at the wheel: "Dangerous driving" and "Driving without due care."

The government wasted lots of time and money drafting legislation to make driving on a mobile specifically illegal because making it a new crime, rather than an example of an already existing one would make people sit up and take notice.

Unfortunately as per Caz's instructions, people take it as seriously as they did under the old regime.

 
At 17 November, 2006 12:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Per Caz's experience I meant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home